30 October - 5 November 2016 | Budapest, Hungary
This five-day training course provides a learning environment for youth workers to reflect on their mind-set with a specific focus on supporting learning of young people in youth work and esp. in youth mobility’s.
● How do you create a learning environment for young people in youth mobility’s?
● What are the challenges you face esp. in bi-/multilingual settings?
● How do you ask ‘good’ questions?
● How do you support reflection processes of young people? How do you balance group and individual support?
● How do you support young people to raise awareness to their ‘hidden’ competences?
… and many more questions come up when you work with young people in mobility’s! We want to offer the opportunity to look behind, to reflect and experience our mind-sets! Mind-sets, we understand in the classical etymological way as ‘habits of mind formed by previous experience’ – see whether ‘we walk the talk’ and ‘which walk do we talk’ and which areas needs reflection, discussion and exchange!
If this catches your interest the National Agencies of the Netherlands, Hungary, Slovakia and SALTO Training and Cooperation invite you to apply to come to Budapest between the 30st Oct (arrival day) and the 05th Nov (departure day)! together with other participants from all over Europe you will have the opportunity to reflect on your mind-set – reflect, exchange, challenge…
The target group - feel invited if you are a youth worker :
● with experience in local/regional youth work AND in supporting learning in youth mobility’s,
● passionate about your work and willing to share and explore further the competences you possess as youth worker – of course in supporting young people’s development in youth mobility’s, and
● willing to commit to the wider process of the “Time to show off!” which will include pre-tasks by interviewing young people and contribute to the research project before and after, then this is your moment to apply!
The overall aim of this training course is
to reflect on the mind-set of youth workers and exchange, discuss and challenge youth workers about competencies they need for supporting young people’s development in youth mobility and furthermore. This will be based on drawing from successful youth mobility experiences and will lead to discuss measures for systematic change in youth worker education and training, to be better prepared!
The detailed objectives are:
● to discover and discuss practices and impact of successful learning experiences and supported/facilitated learning processes in youth mobility’s,
● to discuss what supports learning in mobility’s (learning environment, process etc.) and what is the mind-set of the youth workers related to it,
● to discuss how to empower and enable the competence development of young people in appropriate ways (with a specific focus on the use of it in the young person's daily life and reality),
● to supporting meaningful expressions of gained competence through youth mobility’s,
● to support the development of youth worker education and training, through identifying and developing recommendations for the 3rd and final part of the project.
This training course is part of a long term project of the National Agencies of the Netherlands, Hungary, Slovakia and SALTO Training and Cooperation. The first part took place in April 2016, where the main aim was to bring together experienced young people with their support youth workers and reflect on what made the success of their international mobility’s; and the third part will be an international seminar with youth worker education and training providers to discuss impact and changes needed in youth work education to develop mind-set in learning moods! The overall project Time to show off will be accompanied by a research project!
If you are intrested, read more here: